Something must be wrong in the way you are building your GET request, I
tried this
from ACS and is working fine.
Note: I ran with and without Read Committed and it worked fine.

SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL READ COMMITTED;
select *
from JSON_TABLE(systools.httpGetClob(
'https://min-api.cryptocompare.com/data/price?fsym=BTC&tsyms=EUR', null),

'$'
columns(price_char varchar(10) path '$.*',
price_dec dec(10, 2) path '$.*',
price_json varchar(25) format JSON path '$')) as x

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 3:00 PM Jose Perez <joseenocperez.jp@xxxxxxxxx>