Yes Rob that’s correct

On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 at 18:39, Robert Rogerson <rogersonra@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks Mark. I agree, I'm not 100% sure.

So when you say "the named activation group stays out there until the
job ends." the job you are referring to is the server job and not the
external program from the stored procedure?

Let me try to explain my thinking (which may be flowed)

If a program is called from a menu, the menu runs in the DAG. But the
programs runs in the activation group of the compiled program.

If this is *caller then it would run in the DAG.

If this is *new then a new activation group; is created and is destroyed
when the program ends.

If this is named (which until now our shop has never used so my
understanding is limited) the system checks if the named activation
group exists (in this job/session) and if not the named activation group
is created. Here is where I'm not sure. So if RCLACTGRP is not
specified, then the named activation group exists until the user signs
off ending the session and therefore the job.

Is this correct?

Thanks,

Rob