I would posit that an architectural goal we should reach for is divisibility.

For instance, your appearance guru needs to deal with decoration, colors, themes, layouts, various screen sizes, and language issues.  Your data team has to deal with validity checking, filters, form, and substance.  Training people have to deal with Help screens, tutorials, and user constraints.  These various teams may not even be on the same continent, let alone the same city.

In the end, the days of the Renaissance Programmer are over.