"RPG400-L" <rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 11/28/2017 07:00:24
PM:
If you want to release a connection to a remote DB I would suggest
creating
a program that runs in a *new activation group (say program X). Program
may call other programs that may establish remote connections. But when
program X returns control to its caller, all the resources associated
with
program X's activation group will be released, including "remote
connections".

I believe that Dieter Bender alluded to this idea a couple weeks ago.
Have
you tried it?

Yes, he made that suggestion to me and I did try it. But, in my
case, it did not help -- though I fully expected it to help. Logically,
it made sense that being in a different activation group *should* have
meant that I would get the default database connection. But, I did not.
Even though I went to IBM with the issue even they never resolved it. I
ended up resolving my own situation in a completely different way --
though I am expecting the original problem to come back and bite me some
day in the future.

Sincerely,

Dave Clark