I'm not totally sure that I understand what you are trying to do... For example, SQLDATA is defined where?

However, you probably need something like
exec sql fetch first from c1 into :SQLDATA
so SQL knows where to put the data.

It you are just beginning with embedded SQL, you might want to take a look at this article:
https://www.itjungle.com/2005/08/10/fhg081005-story01/

Here's another about handling the return codes:
https://www.mcpressonline.com/programming/sql/techtip-sqlcod-endoffile-gotcha

Sam