When you specified the TOSRCFILE parameter, did you specify a library with
it? By default the TOSOURCE is in QTEMP (and the actual compile creating
your RPG program is done from the QTEMP source). Also, you have to specify
a TOSOURCE file other than the one where your main source resides--it uses
the same member name.

Michael Quigley
Computer Services
The Way International

"RPG400-L" <rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 08/31/2017 12:27:07
PM:
----- Message from Marvin Radding
<marvin.radding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on Thu, 31 Aug 2017 16:20:49
+0000 -----

"RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)"
<rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

RE: A Strange Problem with compiling an SQLRPGLE

Jeff,

I tried to compile the program interactively. The first source file
had the complete program in it, but the second source file member
had zero records. I think this is what you are referring to. The
errors occur between the two passes of the compiler. And I don't
understand why I am getting this error. It started yesterday but
before I had no problems.

Thanks,

Marvin
No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large
number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced, traumatized,
triggered, and crying for their safe spaces.