I just double checked:

1.   WRKLNK (no parms)

Directory . . . . : /home/Martin
Opt                Object link    Type
htdocs           DIR
Louie.json    STMF

2.    copy/pasted /home/Martin into program, added /Louie.json

3.    Ran program in debug.

4.    Copied, pasting errMsg here, to avoid manual typos:

*

            stat /home/Martin/Louis.json: No such path or
directory.

5.    Repeated with apostrophes:

*         stat '/home/Martin/Louis.json': No such path or directory.

6.     5722WDS V5R4M0  060210 RN        IBM ILE RPG

Had tried the same routine using an http//: url with the same results.