I was reading through some old ITJungle articles, and came upon this particular bit by Jon Paris concerning why he dislikes F specs:

I also find it frustrating to have to specify every little detail. For example, if I say it is a printer file, then of course the thing is output. How many input-capable printers have you ever encountered?
I had to stop and laugh a bit because, even though one would assume that was a rhetorical question with an obvious answer of none, my mind wandered back to my college days working with an old HP 3000 minicomputer. It did have several 300 baud video terminals, and even a 1200 baud one for the students to use, but if those filled up, or if you needed a printout to turn in an assignment, you would go across the wall to an even larger row of 110 baud print terminals. They worked just like the video terminals, except you got a hard copy of your entire session when you were done. Google DECWriter if you are interested, but they were indeed input capable printers. Ever is a long time for some of us.

The primary console for our Series/1 was a teletype. Can't remember the make. Used regular green bar.

Doing my Googling I ran across a Wikipedia article that says there's still a Series/1 running some part of our nuclear arsenal. I'm not sure how I feel about that...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_Series/1