Nathan

well, if you really will go to the limet of low level here is a powerEXT
complete maintenance program:

// Create Function
setContent();

echoExtHTML(pExtFunction:'start');
echoExtHTML(pExtFunction:'endFiles');

setExtConfig('cgi.lib':pExtCgiPath('PX'));

setExtConfig('cgi.db2lib':pExtRpcPath('PX'));
setExtConfig('cgi.db2rpc':'pxsvpxwa');
rpcreq = pExtRequest('PXSVPXWA':'');
setExtConfig('cgi.db2req':rpcreq+' ');

rpcreq = pExtRequest('PXSVPXWA':'getRows');
setExtConfig('cgi.db2download':rpcreq+' ');

echoExtConfig(pExtFunction);
echoExtGridKeyField('PXWUSC');
echoExtGrid(pExtFunction);
echoExtForm(pExtFunction);
echoExtHTML(pExtFunction:'endScript');
echoExtHTML(pExtFunction:'endBody');

// Send and Exit
echoToClient();
pExtStat();
return;

Ok, there is a little definition file involved:

<design>

<!-- powerEXT Grid Design Template -->

<grid design="BASICGRID" pdf="1" xls="0" csv="1" xml="1" json="1"
html="1">
<gridField id="WAWUSR" type="D" comment="Web User Id." locked="true" />

<gridField id="WAWUNA" type="D" comment="Web User Name" locked="true" />

<gridField id="WALNGC" type="D" comment="Language Code" />

<gridField id="WAMAIL" type="D" comment="Mail Address" />

<gridField id="WAWUSC" type="D" comment="Web User Class" />

<gridField id="WAWUSN" type="D" comment="Web User No." />

</grid>

<!-- powerEXT Form Design Template -->

<form design="BASICFORM" newRow="1" edtRow="1" cpyRow="1" dltRow="1"
dspRow="1">
<panel id="tab01" label="General Information">

<fieldGroup id="tab01grp01" label="FieldGroup" visible="0">

<formField id="WAWUSR" type="I" mandatory="1" comment="Web User Id." />

<formField id="WAWUNA" type="I" mandatory="1" comment="Web User Name"
/>
<formField id="WALNGC" type="I" mandatory="1" comment="Language Code"
/>
<formField id="WAMAIL" type="I" mandatory="1" comment="Mail Address" />

<formField id="WAWUSC" type="I" mandatory="1" comment="Web User Class"
/>
<formField id="WAWUSN" type="H" mandatory="1" comment="Web User No." />

<formField id="WAWPWD" type="I" mandatory="1" comment="Web Password" />

<formField id="WARCST" type="H" mandatory="1" comment="Record Status
Code" />
<formField id="WARCDC" type="H" mandatory="1" comment="Record Delete
Code" />
<formField id="WARCUD" type="H" mandatory="1" comment="Record Update
Counter" />
</fieldGroup>

</panel>

</form>

</design>

Like Valence powerEXT has low-code RPG API's that generates javascript that
goes into
the Sencha EXT JS low-code API's and creates the EXT JS Application, the
rest is a simple
autogenerated REST/CRUD service that handles the DB I/O.

BTW it is written in 2009 so there is nothing new other than the word
"Low-code" that we
on that time called a framework.

If you want to see what the server generates look at this running app of
the above code and
display the source: (note it takes time to load first time due to heavy JS
files)

http://5.103.128.110:6380/pextcgi/PXWKPXWA.pgm?ses=04710453760734513620170604242276&req=07898870720734302420170605242272&pxTS=20170604222623758