Jon

I have now tested JCR5FREE against CVTRPGFREE and I'm afraid that you are
wrong :-(

while move(*) / call / parm are left "as is" (fixed format) in CVTRPGFREE
it is destroyed in JCR5FREE that inserts ??????? in the code.

RLA operations codes indicators are handled in CVRRGFREE while they are
?????? in JCR5FREE

/copy statements in JCR5FREE is destroyed.

JCR5FREE dosn't convert the D section into free Dcl-x

move(*) - they are left "as is" if you insert a leavesr; after the
BegSr subUserCvt_MOVE;
in CVTRPGFREE, however with a precompiler that gives one the field
definition one should be able to convert most

But we can't expect all, and CVTRPGFREE is a 5,900 stmt program and
JCR5FREE is a 795 stmt program.

The bottom line is that CVTRPGFREE approach produces compilable code,
JCR5FREE dosn't.