I have had this issue at least once with every version of WDSC up to RDI.

Always random but painful.

I always make a habit of checking via PDM after a source member has changed/saved from RDI before its closed just in case.

At RJS we had a mechanism in place to also capture current copies of source upon open as well in case any code got lost after an RDI change.

Having a 99% chance of success is still too much of a margin for error especially when you've lost hours of work like you and I have 😊

Regards,

Richard Schoen
Director of Document Management
e. richard.schoen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
p. 952.486.6802
w. helpsystems.com

message: 1
date: Thu, 6 Apr 2017 12:46:18 -0700
from: Alan Campin <alan0307d@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Rational Developer losing source code

I am running version 9.5.1.1 of Rational Developer For IBM I.

Has anyone had a problem with Rational deciding to pull an earlier version of code. I didn't think such a thing was possible.

I wrote hundreds of lines of code over the last few days and finished up a section last night and very carefully saved that source code last night before I shutdown.

This morning I open the code and all this new code over 3 days is gone!! By the appearances of it, Rational pulled the code from some old copy. None of that makes any sense but I pretty well know that must be what happened because I looked at the code through SEU last night before I shutdown and it was there.

Anybody else run into anything like this?

I just tried making some changes and it saved them OK.