-----Original Message-----
From: MichaelQuigley@xxxxxxxxxx

Can you define the situations that could have a null? All I can think
of is a new record? Or perhaps a numeric field for date terminated
sort

of thing? In any event, it seems to me that knowing how that null
field

will be used might pretty well define how you handle it?

I do like the idea of a a mark, perhaps underline a null? It still
confuses me though. How will the user key a blank/null into a numeric
field?

I'm not clear, but I think the OP is not really looking for genuine null fields. It sounds like they just want to distinguish between actually having blanks or zeroes in the field. If so, edit codes should work.

If they're really after distinguishing true null values, I like how DBU does it. They condition the field to use column separators (and yellow) when the value is null.

Michael Quigley