"RPG400-L" <rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 01/27/2017 12:56:31
PM:
Yes, the indicator array is defined the same. The difference is

in the values that can be used in the indicator array -- as demonstrated

by the following lines of code. I believe the standard indicator array
has only two values: 0 and -1. The extended indicator array adds the
-2,
-5, and -7 values plus an additional meaning for the 0 value.

Note that the following are our shard SQL constants for the
indicator array values.

// reusable SQL standard indicator values (output from SQL)
dcl-s NOT_NULL packed(5:0) inz(*zero); // after Select/Fetch
dcl-s NULL_VALUE packed(5:0) inz(-1); // after Select/Fetch
dcl-s INVALID_VALUE packed(5:0) inz(-2); // after Select/Fetch
// reusable SQL extended indicator values (passed to SQL: requires
EXTIND=*YES)
dcl-s USE_VALUE packed(5:0) inz(*zero); // before Insert/Update
dcl-s SET_TO_NULL packed(5:0) inz(-1); // before Insert/Update
dcl-s SET_DEFAULT packed(5:0) inz(-5); // before Insert/Update
dcl-s IGNORE_VALUE packed(5:0) inz(-7); // before Insert/Update

Sincerely,

Dave Clark