There are scenarios where, upon signing back in after a disconnect, the
user sees the display *prior* to the one that was showing when the
disconnect occurred. I was unable to replicate that using DSCJOB. I think
it must have something to do with a disconnect caused by a communication
error. This results in a device error and you'll get a display titled
"Attempt to Recover Interactive Job" where you choose whether to attempt
recovery or sign off that job. When you have to choose to recover in this
scenario, your interactive RPG program will throw a device error (RNQ1255),
and the user will likely not be able to recover anything typed but not
"entered". (There is a 'G' option on the error, but it would take special
programming to be able to restore back to the point where the session
disconnected.) I was able to replicate this by exiting my 5250 Client
Access session while the interactive program was active and then restarting
that session.

But, yeah, for system-initiated disconnects, signing back on should be
golden for your solution. Plus, heed what Bryan mentions about the
QDSCJOBITV system value.

- Dan

On Wed, Dec 28, 2016 at 1:52 PM, Scott Williams <scottwill0707@xxxxxxxxx>