Hi all,

I guess I must be missing something obvious here, but I'm struggling with
unwanted integer to packed conversion in a datastructure.

I have a table defined as:

CREATE TABLE
Test_Master
(
Test_ID FOR TESTID INTEGER,
Sortcode NCHAR(16) NOT NULL DEFAULT ''
)
RCDFMT TESTMASRF;

RENAME TABLE Test_Master
TO SYSTEM NAME TESTMAS;

My stripped rpg looks like this:

h dftactgrp(*no)
h extbinint(*yes)

// file specifications
ftestmas uf a e k disk prefix(tst_) alias
*
d testDS_t...
d ds template
d qualified
d id1 like(tst_Test_ID)

/free
*inlr = *on ;
return ;
/end-free

When I compile this code then both the file field and the ds subfield is
not treated as integer, but as packed 10,0.

Global Field