And for no obvious reason: as Begitta says - it i only required for locators..

Btw. You don't need journaling to use the above...

Sendt fra min iPad

Den Aug 14, 2016 kl. 07:28 skrev Hauser <Hauser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Commit is only needed of you are working with LOB locators. It is Not necessary for file reference variables. Birgitta

Von meinem Samsung Gerät gesendet.

Von: Niels Liisberg <NLI@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Datum: 13.08.2016 23:28 (GMT+01:00)
An: "RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Betreff: Re: Insert into XML column

You need to exec sql set option commit=nc ....

Commit none will not work for clob / blob ...

Sendt fra min iPad

Den Aug 12, 2016 kl. 23:05 skrev Justin Taylor <JUSTIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

The get_xml_File function gives me a message saying commitment control is required.

I still get 2200M for XML_CLOB_FILE. I threw together a crude test program:

Dcl-s xmlFile sqlType(XML_CLOB_FILE);

EXEC SQL
create table QTEMP.XMLTABLE
(doc XML);
xmlFile_FO = 2;
xmlFile_NAME = IFS_CONSTANT;
xmlFile_NL = %len( %trimr(xmlFile_NAME) );
EXEC SQL
insert into QTEMP.XMLTABLE
values(:xmlFile);
Dsply SQLSTATE;