Hello Scott,
The CCSID of the file (/tmp/trial.xml) was 819 then I changed it to 820 and failed at the following line of the code:

-------
fd = open(soapFile
: O_RDONLY + O_TEXTDATA + O_CCSID
: 0
: 1208);
if (fd < 0);
msg = http_error();
dsply 'XML open() error..';
endif;
-------

Opening the file (/tmp/trial.xml) by the command of DSPF STMF('/tmp/trial.xml'), I have noticed the following two messages at the bottom of the screen:

-------
Message ID . . . . . . : CPDB607 Severity . . . . . . . : 20
Message type . . . . . : Information
Date sent . . . . . . : 15/07/16 Time sent . . . . . . : 09:13:19

Message . . . . : CCSID 00820 not supported.
Cause . . . . . : The file CCSID of 00820 is not supported. The CCSID was
changed to 500.

-------
Message ID . . . . . . : CPDB609 Severity . . . . . . . : 20
Message type . . . . . : Information
Date sent . . . . . . : 15/07/16 Time sent . . . . . . : 09:13:19

Message . . . . : File CCSID not valid.
Cause . . . . . : The file Coded Character Set Identifier (CCSID) was 00500,
but the data in the file looks like ASCII. A CCSID of 00819 is being used.
Recovery . . . : If another CCSID is needed, use F15 to change to the
desired CCSID.

-------

Here are some system values that might be related to the issue:
QCCSID: 65535
QCHRID
Character ID . . . . . : 1152
Code page . . . . . . : 1026
QCNTRYID: TR
QLANGID: TRK
QLOCALE: /QSYS.LIB/EN_US.LOCALE

The 'buff' is defined as follows:
D buff S 32767A varying

The diagnostics file, /tmp/mydebuglog.txt, is also attached to this mail.
Thank you for your help,
Nihat.

[http://www.avivasa.com.tr/i/Assets/AvivaSA_Imza/images//gelecegini_01.png]<https://www.avivasa.com.tr/gelecegini-biriktirenler-kulubu-nedir> [http://www.avivasa.com.tr/i/Assets/AvivaSA_Imza/images//gelecegini_02.png] <https://www.avivasa.com.tr/gelecegini-biriktirenler-kulubu-nedir> [http://www.avivasa.com.tr/i/Assets/AvivaSA_Imza/images//gelecegini_03.png] <https://www.avivasa.com.tr/gelecegini-biriktirenler-kulubu-nedir>

Bu e-postanin i?erdigi bilgiler (ekleri dahil olmak ?zere) gizlidir. Onayimiz olmaksizin ???nc? kisilere a?iklanamaz. Bu mesajin g?nderilmek istendigi kisi degilseniz, l?tfen mesaji sisteminizden derhal siliniz. AvivaSA Emeklilik ve Hayat A.S. bu mesajin i?erdigi bilgilerin dogrulugu veya eksiksiz oldugu konusunda bir garanti vermemektedir. Bu nedenle bilgilerin ne sekilde olursa olsun i?eriginden, iletilmesinden, alinmasindan, saklanmasindan sorumlu degildir. Bu mesajin bilinen vir?slere karsi kontrolleri AvivaSA Emeklilik ve Hayat A.S. tarafindan yapilmistir. Ancak internet iletisiminde g?venlik ve hatasiz g?nderim garanti edilemeyeceginden, mesajin yerine ulasmamasi, ge? ulasmasi, i?eriginin bozulmasi ya da mesajin vir?s tasimasi gibi problemler olusabilir. AvivaSA Emeklilik ve Hayat A.S. bu tip sorunlardan sorumlu tutulmaz. Bu mesajin i?erigi yazarina ait olup AvivaSA Emeklilik ve Hayat A.S.'nin g?r?slerini i?ermeyebilir.

The information contained in this e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential. It must not be disclosed to any person without our authority. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it from your system immediately. AvivaSA Emeklilik ve Hayat A.S. makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of any information contained in this message and hereby excludes any liability of any kind for the information contained therein or for the information transmission, reception, storage or use of such in any way whatsoever. This message is scanned for known viruses by AvivaSA Emeklilik ve Hayat A.S. But Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, arrive late or contain viruses. The AvivaSA Emeklilik ve Hayat A.S. therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the context of this message which arise as a result of Internet transmission. Any opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of AvivaSA Emeklilik ve Hayat A.S.