We did that here also but just to try and real with bounced emails. We send lots of emails from the iSeries and bounces return to Exchange. The Exchange account was setup to forward to the iSeries SMTP server which just dropped it into a mail folder in the IFS. We scan that folder nightly for emails and parse the body for the email it was sent to and attempted to see the reason. No nasty attachments to deal with.

-----Original Message-----
From: RPG400-L [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bradley Stone
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2016 3:52 PM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries) <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Read Gmail from iSeries

He probably set things up to forward the emails from the ISP to an account on the AS/400. We've done that in the past too.

The problem there is you'll likely end up with the raw MIME files instead of the message (in text and/or html format), attachments, images, etc all split up nicely to work with. Splitting those up is no fun...

Brad
www.bvstools.com