OK, I get what is happening now. If I pass two strings, RPG will receive
two parameters with null terminated strings but if I keep that little piece
of C I can receive any number of parameters. I just need to loop through
the pointer list and do a %Str() to get the string out until I hit *Null
which is what I have done in test programs. Since my socket worker is not
receiving any parameters, I can just can startup in RPG. Cool.

As to the memory leak I am not clear as to why in the example C programs
that IBM provides for socket servers and socket workers I don't see
anything about freeing the memory.

After they run the spawn, they do a close on the socket id. Is this freeing
the memory or do the IBM examples have a memory leak also?

On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 2:51 PM, Scott Klement <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>