Hello Carsten,

I would be very interested to receive a copy of your zip-file. Thank you very much.

Best regards/Venlig hilsen

Jan

Am 19.03.2016 um 11:39 schrieb Flensburg, Carsten:
Hello, Dietmar!

I've been getting e-mails from readers lately about the failing download-links at the iProDeveloper site and I've therefore created a zip-file containing all the code associated with my articles, that have been published over the years. It's 12 Mb in size, so I make sure to check with people if that's alright before I send it - please let me know if you're interested. If anyone else would care for a copy also please let me know.

Cheers,
Carsten

-----Original Message-----
From: RPG400-L [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dietmar.Buerkle@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 18. marts 2016 15:38
To: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Missing QaneSava/QaneRsta RPG example

Hello!

Back in 2008 Carsten Flensburg published some RPG examples how to use the
QaneSava/QaneRsta (Save to Application API/Restore from
Application) API:
http://iprodeveloper.com/rpg-programming/apis-example-save-application-api-and-exit-program
http://iprodeveloper.com/rpg-programming/apis-example-restore-application-api-and-exit-program

Unfortunately the links to download the source do not work anymore.
Does anybody have a copy or an idea how to get such an example?
I asked on http://www.myitforum.com/ but after some weeks my post was deleted without an answer.

I want to do the following:
transfer (TCP) some large objects to a different host without making a temporary copy on harddisk!
I.e. something similar to the SAVRST* commands just without SNA.

I installed netcat in PASE from
http://www.perzl.org/aix/index.php?n=main.netcat and managed to transfer a datastream from SysA to SysB:
On SysA: cat /tmp/someFile | /QOpenSys/opt/freeware/bin/netcat -n
-v -l -p 3333
On SysB: /QOpenSys/opt/freeware/bin/netcat -vv -n IP-SysA 3333 >
/tmp/someFile

Now I want to see if I can change Carsten's examples to write to STDOUT/read from STDIN instead of an IFS-File.
This would do my job.

This communication is intended only for use by the addressee.It may contain confidential or privilegedinformation.
If you receive this communication unintentionally, please inform us immediately and delete this e-mail and any attachments.
Warning: Although we have taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, we cannot accept
responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.