From: RPG400-L [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Dietmar.Buerkle@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2016 9:38 AM
To: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Missing QaneSava/QaneRsta RPG example

Hello!

Back in 2008 Carsten Flensburg published some RPG examples how to use
the
QaneSava/QaneRsta (Save to Application API/Restore from
Application) API:
http://iprodeveloper.com/rpg-programming/apis-example-save-application-a
pi-and-exit-program
http://iprodeveloper.com/rpg-programming/apis-example-restore-applicatio
n-api-and-exit-program

Unfortunately the links to download the source do not work anymore.
Does anybody have a copy or an idea how to get such an example?
I asked on http://www.myitforum.com/ but after some weeks my post was
deleted without an answer.

I want to do the following:
transfer (TCP) some large objects to a different host without making a
temporary copy on harddisk!
I.e. something similar to the SAVRST* commands just without SNA.

I installed netcat in PASE from
http://www.perzl.org/aix/index.php?n=main.netcat and managed to transfer
a datastream from SysA to SysB:
On SysA: cat /tmp/someFile | /QOpenSys/opt/freeware/bin/netcat
-n
-v -l -p 3333
On SysB: /QOpenSys/opt/freeware/bin/netcat -vv -n IP-SysA 3333 >
/tmp/someFile

Now I want to see if I can change Carsten's examples to write to
STDOUT/read from STDIN instead of an IFS-File.
This would do my job.

Thanks,

Dietmar
http://archive.midrange.com/rpg400-l.