Von: RPG400-L [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Barbara
Morris
Gesendet: Tuesday, 12.1 2016 22:17
An: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: H-Specs - Keywords DECEDIT and DATEDIT

On 1/11/2016 1:58 PM, Mark S Waterbury wrote:
Birgitta:

What values are specified for the DECEDIT and DATEDIT keywords on
those H-specs?

Also, what are the system values QDATFMT, QDATSEP and QDECFMT
currently set to, on your system?

Those system values don't have any effect on the default RPG values for
DECEDIT and DATEDIT, except that DECEDIT(*JOBRUN) might depend on the system
value if a job description had DECFMT(*SYSVAL).

If the H spec had DECEDIT(*JOBRUN), that would only be the same as the RPG
default for DECEDIT if every job running the program had DECFMT(*BLANK). So
I would say it is not safe to remove DECEDIT(*JOBRUN).

Otherwise, if the H spec had DECEDIT('.') that is the default, and it would
be safe to remove it.

If the H spec had DATEDIT(*MDY) then that is the default, and it would be
safe to remove it.

It would also be safe to remove DATEDIT if the Y edit code was never used,
either on O specs or %EDITC.

And it also would be safe to remove DECEDIT if other edit codes were not
used either with O specs or %EDITC, and if %CHAR(numeric) was not used.

--
Barbara

http://archive.midrange.com/rpg400-l.