Hi, Birgitta:
* >>>---> private reply off-list <---<<<*

To properly answer your question, I need to see that /copy member that contains the H-specs, so I can understand what values are specifried?
(hence the private reply off-list).

Also, what are the values for the system values QDATFMT, QDATSEP and QDECFMT on your system?

Once you compile programs, does your company send them to other sites to be installed on other customer systems where those defaults might be different?

See also:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r2/ic2924/books/c092508419.htm

for more details about the use of DATEDIT and DECEDIT on the H-spec or control specifications.

HTH,

Mark S. Waterbury

> On 1/11/2016 11:22 AM, Birgitta Hauser wrote:
Quick question!

What problems can DECEDIT and DATEDIT keywords that are no longer in the
H-specs cause?

Until now in our H-Spec copy member the DATEDIT and DECEDIT are included.

Since we apparently do not have any other problems, someone insists in
removing those keywords from the copy member because they are not necessary.

BTW both keywords are conditioned with compiler directives, so they could be
removed or modified in any source if desired.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Birgitta Hauser

"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." (Les Brown)

"What is worse than training your staff and losing them? Not training them and keeping them!"