On 11-Nov-2015 09:08 -0600, Kevin Bucknum wrote:
If you can hold your job or it gets to a point where it's waiting on
an error message, try one of these commands.

PRTJVMJOB Print JVM Job
DMPJVM Dump Java Virtual Machine
GENJVMDMP Generate JVM Dump

You run that from a different job against the job that is held/msgw
and it will generate a spool file with lots of information, including
the classpath.

Those commands [other than the Dump JVM request] plus the Work With JVM Jobs (WRKJVMJOB), do not exist on v5r4; the release being used by the OP. I have never seen the output from the Dump JVM request, but presumably by its mention, that the output does include the classpath information.?

Anyhow, I was wondering the same as the OP. And when I try those commands [other than the Dump request to which I am not authorized], with some initial investigation [though not actually using JNI to start the JVM], each basically suggests that the request is "not supported for the Classic JVM", no matter what originally my JAVA_HOME was. Eventually I will try to really\truly start a JVM, rather than just invoke JAVA from the command-line, and then test those commands again.

P.S. Anyone else notice how those commands appear to have been created by a teenager; i.e. analogous to the professionally produced web page being obvious vs one expressed as having been created by a teenager. The JOB() parm is FUBAR and the requests do not end with an Escape when they fail [to effect output]; they merely quietly log Info messages, and produce spools in FIN status, rather than generate no output when decidedly no output should be produced [other than the exception\escape error message they do not generate] :-( Reflects a serious lack of Design Control review :-(