According to the IBM docs the following fields are defined in the INFDS.

D FILE_NAME 83 92 * File name
D LIBRARY 93 102 * Library name
D SPOOL_FILE 103 112 * Spool file name
D SPOOL_LIB 113 122 * Spool file lib
D SPOOL_NUM 123 124I 0 * Spool file num
I needed the spool file name and so used the one at position 103. But that just (most often *) contains some weird combination of letters and numbers starting with Q and has no apparent connection with any of the other information recorded for the spool file.

This is not critical as I discovered that for my purposes the file name in position 83 works just fine, but I just wondered if anyone has any idea what the entry is about.

** I did notice that sometimes it appears to contain the User Data - and not the Q… stuff but I could never figure out under what circumstances it did that as one otherwise identical runs it produced different results.

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com