This has been bothering me since I first read it. How do you call a
service program from an OPM program?

"RPG400-L" <rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 10/16/2015 01:00:02
PM:
----- Message from Vicki Wilson <VWilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> on Thu, 15
Oct 2015 23:13:25 +0000 -----

"RPG400-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <RPG400-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Is the progam OPM or ILE?

Hi all,

I wrote a generic service program for some error handling. It works
as expected if calling program is OPM. It does not behave as
desired if the calling program is ILE - some of us are writing more
programs by declaring MAIN.

One option is to change the behavior if the calling program is ILE.
How would I determine if the calling program is OPM or ILE?

If you are curious - I wrote a CHECK_SQL_STATE which uses QMHSNDPM
to issue a CPF9898 when there is an sql error. Basically folks were
used to seeing a hard-halt on I/O errors and since the CPF9898
wasn't handled we ended up with an inquiry message RNQ0202.

Essentially what I am trying to do is re-create a hard-halt in ILE.
Which is sooo wrong. And definitely not the end game.

Vic