From: RPG400-L [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim
Franz
Sent: Wednesday, July 08, 2015 1:59 PM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)
Subject: Re: determine value of each bit in a character field

Mark - the explanation from Brian is what makes sense. Thanks for the
link.
And now I see Vern's example.
The problem (to me) for all the web example found (before) and the IBM
ILE RPG Reference Manual is there is an assumption you wanted to test
"all on", "all off", and "some on".
but I need each value for bits 1, 5, 6, 7 (and they are each individual
values)
Was trying to use /free
Thanks (to all) for the help
Jim