Used some of the knowledge picked up at COMMON to build my XML in SQL. Woohoo.

I'm creating the XML as a CLOB
                      Select xmlserialize(xmlelement(Name "tXML",
                           xmlconcat(headerxml, messagexml))
                      As Clob(2M) Including XMLDECLARATION) Into :XMLClob
                      From header Cross Join watermark;

Now I'm stumbling all over myself trying to manage the clob.

The program is written with a declared MAIN.  Originally the CLOB was defined within a subprocedure.  After creating it I wanted to pass it to another procedure for MQ processing.  However I could not quite figure out the correct definition for the procedure interface for the called subprocedure.  How do I define a prototype for passing the clob?

I realize when you declare a CLOB that you actually get a DS created with the length and data.  So do I pass the data structure?  Or is this the point where I need to understand pointers and pass a pointer?

For now - I broke down and defined the CLOB globally.

Also I'm wondering what the difference between XML_CLOB, CLOB and CLOB_FILE are?

We are on v7r1 and I'm using RDI 9.1.1.1

Vicki Wilson