Hi Booth,

You can do this with I-specs. I have done this with arrays, but the idea is
the same for a datastructure:

// array for rename screenfields
d SAfieldAr S 5A dim(9)

// rename screenfields to arrayfields
IPLA125AC
I field1 SAfieldAr( 1 )
I field2 SAfieldAr( 2 )
I field3 SAfieldAr( 3 )
I field4 SAfieldAr( 4 )
I field5 SAfieldAr( 5 )
I field6 SAfieldAr( 6 )
I field7 SAfieldAr( 7 )
I field8 SAfieldAr( 8 )
I field9 SAfieldAr( 9 )

I don't know if there is a newer concept for this, but it still works...

Best regards,
Arco Simonse

This seemed simple enough until it exploded in my face this morning.

I have a screen with 7 input/output capable fields. Lets call that record
name FMT01.

I want to define a datastructure as being like FMT01, and then have it
automagically be populated with the values from the 7 input/output capable
fields whenever it is used in a calc.

I also want 2 standalone fields (OLDVALUES & NEWVALUES) that are like the
datastructure

The purpose is to make these lines work:

OLDVALUES = DataSt;
EXFMT FMT01;
NEWVALUES = DataSt
if OLDVALUES <> NEWVALUES:
.... do stuff.

Is that possible? Have I taken the Stupid Pill again?

--
Booth Martin
www.martinvt.com

UFOs are for real. It's the Air Force that doesn't exist.