On 20-Feb-2015 09:01 -0600, RPG List wrote:
[...] now onto figuring out why a CPYF is still copying records even
though MBROPT is set to *NONE.

The Member Option (MBROPT) specification of *NONE on the Copy File (CPYF) command does not imply that no rows are to be copied. Instead the meaning is that the other available special values for the MBROPT() parameter are not applicable to that particular invocation of CPYF, according to the specifications made on other parameters on that same invocation. The available Member Option choices would not be applicable due to the specifications made on other parameters such as the Create File (CRTFILE) parameter or the To File (TOFILE) parameters. For example, for CRTFILE(*YES) the To File (TOFILE) must not exist, else the supported values for MBROPT are *other than* the special value of *NONE; see msg CPF2863 "MBROPT(*ADD) or (*REPLACE) required for existing to-file." that transpires if the request to Create-File could not be performed by the copy utility.