From: RPG400-L [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Alan Cassidy
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2014 4:31 PM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)
Subject: SQLRPGLE pre-compiler seems to be looping?

Good morning Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am having a very strange compile-time experience.

Usually my RPGLE and SQLRPGLE compiles finish in low single-digit seconds,
less than 10 seconds as long as I remember on our locally-resident (next
office over) IBM i.

I now have an CRTSQLRPGI compile that seems to be stuck, with the views of
the Program Stack for the job appearing to show an infinite looping in the
SQL pre-compiler.

Here is the exact command, with variable names changed to reflect the
values. I've compiled this exact set of parameter values for the command
100s or 1000s of times just the last month or two, nothing like this. The SQL
is good (as far as my repeated views can tell), but I changed a couple of
things I thought might do it.

The command:

CRTSQLRPGI
OBJ(&PGMLIB/&PGM)
SRCFILE( &SRCLIB/&SRCFILE ) SRCMBR( &SRCMBR )
COMMIT(*NONE) OBJTYPE( *PGM )
CLOSQLCSR(*ENDMOD)
OUTPUT(*PRINT) REPLACE(*YES)
COMPILEOPT('DBGVIEW(*LIST)
BNDDIR( QC2LE ERABNDDIR UQCPUB )
DFTACTGRP(*NO) ACTGRP( *NEW )')

I use "embedded logic" for the programs, the first thing to consider, but it
just runs the command as shown. Note that I have also run the command
from PDM option 14 and changed the parameter values accordingly, with the
same effect, so it's not the embedded logic, or running XCREATEC as a
command processing program, or anything in the embedded code or
EMBEDDED program.. Also, after I force-end it, the pre-compiler listing
shows all the source code to the last line, and nothing else.

The program stack follows. Note that the programs in the stack are not
changing, but statement numbers are looping through the same list for the
last entry:

Type Program Statement Procedure
1 QCMD QSYS /01C8
XCREATEC ALAN _CL_PEP
XCREATEC ALAN 8600 XCREATEC
EMBEDDED QTEMP _CL_PEP
EMBEDDED QTEMP 1200 EMBEDDED
QSQPRUN QSQL /060A
QSQPMAIN QSYS 9516 QSQPMAIN
QSQRPARS QSYS 4639 QSQRPARS
QSQRPARS QSYS 5286 QUEUP
QSQRPARS QSYS 5321 GETTOKEN
QSQRLEX QSYS /14D5
QSQPLEXQ QSQL /2B0B

Anybody have a suggestion? I'm going to try things with the code (while
keeping a copy of the present code) meantime, people are waiting for this
code. I would still like to know if it's "just me", or whether anybody else has
seen this happen. And maybe know what to avoid...

Confidentiality Notice: This email may contain confidential information or
information covered under the Privacy Act, 5 USC 552(a), and/or the Health
Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (PL 104-191) and its various
implementing regulations and must be protected in accordance with those
provisions. It contains information that is legally privileged, confidential or
otherwise protected from use or disclosure. This e-mail message, including
any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. You, the
recipient, are obligated to maintain it in a safe, secure and confidential
manner. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by
reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Thank you.