Excellent, Geraldo - glad it helped.

Vern

On 10/15/2014 12:49 PM, Gerardo Alberto Martinez Rosales wrote:
Thx Vern

That is the solution, I was looking

To create a new line in file IFS
The solution is

crlf s 2 inz(x'0d25)

Open ......

Eval data = ('line one' + crlf)
Callp write(.....

Eval data = ('line two' + crlf)
Callp write(......

Callp close(dd)

Thx very much
Again Vern.

Regards.
On Oct 15, 2014 11:25 AM, "Vernon Hamberg" <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Geraldo

Remember that IFS files do not have "records", in the way that physical
files do. They certainly do not have anything like a record format.

Usually IFS files are processed with lines, if they are text files. These
lines will often have a carriage return (CR) or line-feed (LF) or new-line
(NL) - this depends on operating system, Unix may use one while Macintosh
uses another, etc.

In any case, IFS files are stream files - just a stream of bytes, one
after another. Any structure is something you impose on the bytes in your
programs. Something like internal file descriptions, but we must not make
the comparison too close - PFs as flat files still had a fixed-length
record, while stream files do not.

Now that I've said that, it is possible to use RPG WRITE operations to
send data to an IFS file - Barbara Morris has an example, I believe, using
the Open Access methodology that we have now.

HTH
Vern