On 29-Jul-2014 06:47 -0500, Needles,Stephen J wrote:

I tried using the three-part name scheme as well without success in
the creation of the cursor. I still get the SQL0805 error on the open
of the cursor.

Hmm. I meant to imply ridding of all of the CONNECT stuff; i.e. just code the one statement to effect the redirect to the other system with the system-qualified table-reference. If the statement(s) include the system name, I suppose there should be an implicit connect, and thus that an explicit connection would be undesirable.?

<<SNIP>>

I tried to create the SQL package as you describe (CRTSQLPKG) and
while the command's execution indicated success, this was not the
case.

Was the *SQLPKG object created [owned to the user profile for the request]? The package also should be tracked in the catalogs; SYSPACKAGE based-on data in QADBPKG [access to data authorized via QADBLPKG, beyond the catalog VIEW].

The run time error continues (SQL0805).
<<SNIP>>

I was originally under the impression from the OP that the connection and statement had been tested with Start Interactive SQL (STRSQL), but I reread that, and I am now unsure. Possibly there could be an issue with the RDB\DRDA setup; if the STRSQL CONNECT and SELECT from the remote_machine function well, then probably everything is OK with that.

I would also separately test the "select * from remote_machine.needles.test" within a STRSQL [that does not first ask for a connection; defaulting to a *LOCAL connection] to verify that request operates without any issues nor requiring anything extra.