From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Glenn Gundermann
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 4:51 PM
To: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: DS Group Field Names

Hi All,

I'm on V6R1 and I am wondering what I am doing wrong or if perhaps the system is short a PTF or something.

The short question: Can a DS group field name go beyond position 21?
If the answer is no, you can skip the rest of this note.
If the answer is yes, I need help.

The first DS compiles wonderfully. I've kept the DS group field names within positions 7-21.

The second DS (not in the same program at the same time) does not compile.
The DS group field names go beyond position 21. The compile listing shows RNF3467 "The first parameter for keyword OVERLAY is not valid; keyword is ignored."

Example Code 1 - This compiles

// Overcharge values for a multi-meter machine.
D overChargesMultiMeter...
D DS
// Overcharge Level-1 for meters 1-4 and summary.
D overChargesL1
D y1vrP1 overlay(overChargesL1)
D y2vrP1 overlay(overChargesL1: *next)
D y3vrP1 overlay(overChargesL1: *next)
D y4vrP1 overlay(overChargesL1: *next)
D ySvrP1 overlay(overChargesL1: *next)
// Overcharge Level-2 for meters 1-4 and summary.
D overChargesL2
D y1vrP2 overlay(overChargesL2)
D y2vrP2 overlay(overChargesL2: *next)
D y3vrP2 overlay(overChargesL2: *next)
D y4vrP2 overlay(overChargesL2: *next)
D ySvrP2 overlay(overChargesL2: *next)
// Overcharge Level-3 for meters 1-4 and summary.
D overChargesL3
D y1vrP3 overlay(overChargesL3)
D y2vrP3 overlay(overChargesL3: *next)
D y3vrP3 overlay(overChargesL3: *next)
D y4vrP3 overlay(overChargesL3: *next)
D ySvrP3 overlay(overChargesL3: *next)
D overChargesMultiMeterA...
D overlay(overChargesMultiMeter)
D dim(15) like(y1vrP1)
D overChargesLevel1A...
D overlay(overChargesL1)
D dim(5) like(y1vrP1)
D overChargesLevel2A...
D overlay(overChargesL2)
D dim(5) like(y1vrP2)
D overChargesLevel3A...
D overlay(overChargesL3)
D dim(5) like(y1vrP3)

Example Code 2 - This does not compile. I've tried it with and without the blank D spec after the group field name.
The compile listing says overChargesLevel1/2/3 are undefined and 18 of the overlay statements are in error.

// Overcharge values for a multi-meter machine.
D overChargesMultiMeter...
D DS
// Overcharge Level-1 for meters 1-4 and summary.
D overChargesLevel1...
D y1vrP1 overlay(overChargesLevel1)
D y2vrP1 overlay(overChargesLevel1: *next)
D y3vrP1 overlay(overChargesLevel1: *next)
D y4vrP1 overlay(overChargesLevel1: *next)
D ySvrP1 overlay(overChargesLevel1: *next)
// Overcharge Level-2 for meters 1-4 and summary.
D overChargesLevel2...
D y1vrP2 overlay(overChargesLevel2)
D y2vrP2 overlay(overChargesLevel2: *next)
D y3vrP2 overlay(overChargesLevel2: *next)
D y4vrP2 overlay(overChargesLevel2: *next)
D ySvrP2 overlay(overChargesLevel2: *next)
// Overcharge Level-3 for meters 1-4 and summary.
D overChargesLevel3...
D y1vrP3 overlay(overChargesLevel3)
D y2vrP3 overlay(overChargesLevel3: *next)
D y3vrP3 overlay(overChargesLevel3: *next)
D y4vrP3 overlay(overChargesLevel3: *next)
D ySvrP3 overlay(overChargesLevel3: *next)
D overChargesMultiMeterA...
D overlay(overChargesMultiMeter)
D dim(15) like(y1vrP1)
D overChargesLevel1A...