From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of William Salim
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2014 10:36 AM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)
Subject: Re: Get Record Creation Date

Hi Guys, just at home already from work. And the result is i cannot do
the
trigger process, this is not allowed.
So I use the RRN process but adding more steps.

Every records that the app read will log to the work file the flag for :
1. Last RRN that read
2. months+day KEY
3. Logged 1 row last record to work file

the process is when its normal will use the RRN,
IF RRN not found or being reorganized then
chain to months+days and trace
if found()
do until found or eof
check the records compare to DS that record in work file
if found()
log to work file
leave
endif
if not found() and eof()

*someone delete the record (Manual auditing)*
endif
enddo
endif
ELSE
select where rrn(file) >= last RRN from work file
ENDIF

I use SQLRPGLE process, SELECT to get the RRN and Logical file contain
month+day.

Not sure it is, but as long as it is run, i will keep my eyes closed at
hopefully wake up at another place :)

Good night guys