Take a look around the shop. Ask how many of these people resisting subprocedures will still be actively a part of the organization in 5 years... 10 years... 15 years... if the answer is that all of them will be retired, then who is going to maintain this stuff?

Aside from the benefits that everyone has been talking about (more reusable, easier to test, easier to split up development tasks...) how about the fact that without using procedures, you are coding in a 1960's style?!

What's going to happen, is the new, young IT director is going to bring in a package, and you'll have the same generic software that everyone else has, and you can say good bye to any competitive advantage you get from your custom applications.

A business must keep up. It must move forward. It does not make sense to get yourself stuck in the past.