Here is a neat thing I did a few months ago and the users loved it!

There was one row on an existing screen that had a unique key/number on it. The users wanted to get an electronic report based on that number. The solution I implemented used DDS and the mouse on the PC. The users could mouseclick on that number and the system would call a process and then present them with a display screen (DDS Window). They could read it, and then press enter on that screen. Then they were back on the original screen where they initially clicked.

I did this all with DDS and mouse clicking. I thought it would be very difficult, but once I figured it out, it was a piece of cake. The only thing you is you need Client Access (at least) for this. I have tried mouse clicking with Rumba and Newlook, and neither Rumba nor Newlook seem to recognize the mouseclick properly. But if the users have Client Access, it should not be a problem. I know DDS also can do pushbuttons too, but I haven't worked on that one yet.

It sounds funny, but giving users little things like this, even though green-screen, seems to make them quite happy ("Wow, I didn't know you could do THAT").

Doug