From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Nathan Andelin
Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2013 12:59 PM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)
Subject: Re: Socket Listener Delay Issue

I have encountered a little intermittent problem with a program that
is monitoring a port for any incoming connections.

Can you duplicate the problem by using a stress tester such as HP
LoadRunner?

We don't have enough information to say whether or not your socket server
might simply not be getting system resources it needs in a timely manner,
perhaps a condition due to contention with other workloads. You could reduce
the timeslice value of other workloads (interactive, batch) to some fairly
low value, say 20 milliseconds (modify the CLASS associated with
Subsystems).

I'm also curious what your TCP_NODELAY setting might be?
See setsockopt()--Set Socket Options.

-Nathan.

http://archive.midrange.com/rpg400-l.

-----