Hi Jon -

On Fri, 12 Jul 2013 10:50:20 -0400, Jon Paris
<jon.paris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sorry Ken - I still don't understand. What am I missing here?

Isn't any poor sucker who has to maintain this code in the future going to waste a lot of time wondering what the heck this DQ is being used for and why?

Surely invoking a function that directly says what it is doing (e.g. sleep() ) has to be more obvious. I just can't see any advantage to this approach and several disadvantages.

I'm the only poor sucker maintaining this code. And the whole
creation of the data queue, wait on the data queue, and deletion of
the data queue is wrapped up in one nice API, which can be called from
an OPM program as easily as from an ILE program.

And if your next thought is, what happens if I drop over dead ...

I'm the only one in the our small I.T. department who really
understands ILE concepts, so if something happens to me, they are
going to have a lot worse problems than my delay function not being
immediately intuitive at a glance.

Ken