I was curious about the order of the functions as well. Firts
function starts subsystems and application tasks. Second function
ends the tasks and then the subsystems. Doesn't matter which function
is called second. Log in, use first function, then second and it
fails. Logout and back in and second function works but first won't.

Message id CPA0702

From program QCLXERR
From Library QSYS
Instruction 00C6

To program *EXT

ILE Control language (CL) procedure SSYZCOCL in module SSYZCOCL in
program SSYZCOCL in library BSYOBJ1 detected an error at statement
number 0000006500.

That CL statement is: CALL PGM(SSYZCO) PARM(&ENV &FUNC &RETCD)

The first error returned is in the RPGLE program - RNQ0202. The call
to ONLINEUP ended in error (C D G F).

RPG procedure SSYZCO in program BSYOBJ1/SSYZCO at statement 008400
called program or procedure ONLINEUP, which ended in error.

The procedure ONLINEUP was prepared by the vendor. Doesn't mean it
has no issues. Just wasn't written here. It appears to be used to
check whether the selected environment is active or not.

John McKee