Hello,

I'm currently OTR, and will post the generated output of my dspf
record maker soon.
The purpose is make an animation as fast as possible, with (ASCII) 3D
if possible and scrollers/transformations of the image.

I want to show people that the AS/400 is still alive, and get as much
as possible out of it, using the common languages (RPG+DDS files for
example).

In this spirit, is it possible to get timeouts of the screen under one
second? And if yes, how many frames per second should be doable over a
twinax line to a 3486 green screener?

<off topic>
(I know this is odd, programming game-like environments on a die hard
business machine, but this way I can learn how to use it decently - it
is also an attempt to make the AS/400 platform more attractive to my
fellow students, since there's quite a big market for the next batch
of 400 guru's. I think this is the best way to let students play with
it, by bridging it into their known environment)
</off topic>

Vriendelijke groet,
Sincerely,

Yvan Janssens

Verstuurd vanaf mijn tablet
Sent from my tablet

Op 1-jul.-2012 om 19:36 heeft Scott Klement
<rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> het volgende geschreven:

Hello Yvan,

Add the FRCDTA keyword to each record format. Then, change the RPG code
to use the WRITE opcode (instead of EXFMT) to display them.

-SK