Hello Yvan,

Add the FRCDTA keyword to each record format. Then, change the RPG code to use the WRITE opcode (instead of EXFMT) to display them.

-SK

On 7/1/2012 4:51 AM, Yvan Janssens wrote:
Hello,

I'm attempting to create an animation on my 5250 session - the approach I
want to try is separating the animation in frames, create a dspf record for
each frame, and display each dspf record sequentially.

The display file works (it counts 37k lines though, so compilation takes a
bit of time on my Model 250), but my RPG program waits for an [ENTER] after
every display, and hitting 300 times [enter] to get through the animation
is a PITA...

I'm using the following RPGLE code:

H DFTACTGRP(*NO)
fSCENE1 cf e workstn SFILE(S1:RRN1)
d usleep pr 10i 0 ExtProc ('usleep')
d seconds 10i 0 value
c ExFmt FR000
c callp usleep(100000)
c ExFmt FR001
c callp usleep(100000)

How can I evade the requirement to push on the [enter] button after every
frame? (my RPG level of experience is copy-paste n00b, just started
learning).

The idea is to make a demo for a local demoscene competition (like the
animations on the Commodore 64 and such), and get an animation out of my
green screen terminal.

Thank you,

Yvan Janssens

(ps: these files are autogenerated - I created ASCII art logo's, and
transformation routines, which creates in turn every frame in a .txt file
in ASCII, then I'll optimize it and create DSPF files)