Greetings from the sunny south.

One of my fellow programmers is trying to move a character field to the interior of an array. This is being attempted in /Free and is not generating the correct result.

In fixed format, this is the expression which works (as it always has):

Position = 11

WkValue = 'UN2367, '

MoveA WkValue Arr(Position)

It yields the desired result: ' UN2367, '

This does not work:

WkLength = 8

%SubArr(Array: Position: WkLength) = WkValue

It yields: ' UUUUUUUU '

The array is receiving only the first character of the character field `UN2367`. What is causing this to occur and how can it be fixed to obtain the correct result?

Thanks,

Robert Munday
Munday Software Consultants
Montgomery, AL