To: "RPG programming on the IBM i / System i" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2012 12:46 PM
Subject: Re: Randomizing records in a file

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 12:16 PM, James Franz <jfranz46@xxxxxxx> wrote:
IBM does have several methods of doing this in RPGLE.

To say it's done "in RPG(LE)" is a stretch. Having to use an API is a
far cry from an opcode or BIF.

As for APIs, CEERAN0 was basically the first thing mentioned in this
thread, and probably the standard answer for what to use. But I had
never heard of Qc3GenPRNs before, so thanks for linking to it.

John