From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-
bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rory Hewitt
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 12:03 PM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i / System i
Subject: Re: Record Lock on Read from IFS file?

Scott S.,

I think the option to submit the second job sounds like a good
solution, both short-term and also long-term - it gives you more
flexibility, since you can put it into any subsystem you want and/or
hold it for later or whatever.

Also, FWIW, I think that this is one of the best first questions I've
seen
- you've provided lots of information for everyone to mull over,
explained exactly what it is that's not working and explained what
you've tried, as well as what hasn't worked. And the email title is
meaningful! Short of providing a code sample (which might not help here
anyway), many kudos to you.

Rory

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 11:58 AM, Scott Sanders