Thanks a lot. If in my procedure fparm1, fparm2, fparm3 are not going to change upon successful completion of calls to Myprocedure1 and Myprocedure2, so I need to modify them with const right.

Upon successful completion of Myprocedure1 xmlDS gets populated, do I need to define var?

Upon succesful completion of Myprocedure2  DSfile1, DSfile2, DSfile3,DSfile4 get populated, should I need to define as var?

I am going to code
 clearDSfile1;
 clear DSfile2;
 clear DSfile3;
 clear DSfile4;
in Myprocedure2. Thanks !

 p Myprocedure b export
d procedure pi N

d fparm1   10 0 const
d fparm2   2a    const
d fparm3   22 0 const
d xmlDS         likeds(ds_xml) dim(333)
d DSfile1       likeds(file1ds)
d DSfile2       likeds(file2ds)
d DSfile3       likeds(file3ds)
d DSfile4       likeds(file4ds)
d DSerror        likeds(error_DS)

/free

if Myprocedure1(fparm1:fparm2:fparm3:
                     :xmlDS:DSerror);

if Myprocedure2(fparm1:fparm2:fparm3:
                    :xmlDS:DSFile1:DFile2:DSFile3:DSFile4:DSerror);

 endif;

endif;

/end-free