Scott Klement wrote:

But, finding a *SRVPGM is significantly different from finding a display file -- why did you tell us that it was having trouble finding a display file??

The error messages didn't say WHAT the system was looking for in the nonexistent library. The DSPF was the only thing that showed up as qualified when I did a DSPPGMREF. It wasn't until I'd eliminated that possibility that I started looking for another cause.

And the problem was not with the *BNDDIR you provide in LIBHTTP (which, if anything, would have pointed to that HTTPAPI *SRVPGM specifically), but to one I created for the HTTPAPI *SRVPGM I'd resequenced so that the current SSL version would be compatible with the current non-SSL version, rather than with previous SSL versions. I guess I qualified it in the HTTPAPI *BNDDIR (used to create my service program that calls HTTPAPI), to make sure that version would be used for binding, not realizing that it would force my *SRVPGM to look for the HTTPAPI *SRVPGM in that specific library.

Which is why I signed the message:

--
JHHL
Professional Imbecile