Robert,

The "CLEAR FOORDHD" is apparently clearing some global variables.

Is it possible that p_FONumber is viewing the same area of memory as one of the globals you cleared?

Just because p_FONumber provides read-only access to the underlying memory doesn't mean that the global variables are read-only, too.