Kurt,

As you already replied in another mail indicating you did, but have you
looked at defining the file i n question as a Table file? (I know, an old
technique).

In stead of typing an P for Primary or F for fully procedural you type in
T. In the D-specs you have to link the file to the defined internal table.
IIRC, the columns in the internal table, should be adjacent fields from the
file.

I just used this technique once, more than a decade ago, but the programme
ran very fast. So my memory is very rusty on this.

Regards,
Carel Teijgeler