You might not have been referring to one library, but the OP was; therefore
that is the main point of the thread.

"Your 'best way' sounds reasonable. But it's not necessarily everyone's
'best way'."

I wrote that it was "the best way IMO". Do you not know that IMO means "in
my opinion". If you do, then why did you feel the need to point out that
it's not everyone's best way? I didn't say or imply that it was. And then
you have the nerve to tell me to lighten up?

I understand that Vern's post was in jest and that yours was also somewhat
in jest. My first reply simply stated that the object limit for a library
wouldn't exceed the user space size limit and mentioned further that the
save limit is even more restrictive so that people reading this thread might
think a little more carefully about these restrictions. So you took it upon
yourself to go well beyond the scope of the thread (one library) to gasp
that someone might use *ALL for the library. Again, who needs to lighten
up?

The URL you list is one of the documents to which I referred regarding using
generic library names for that API. I also looked at the same document for
V6R1 and V5R4. As I said, there's nothing in that document (any version)
that mentions that a generic name is allowed for the library. The actual
first part of the discussion (which you seemed to miss) is:

<--Begin Document Snippet-->
The second 10 characters identify the name of the library or libraries to
search for the specified objects. The following special values are allowed:
<--End Document Snippet-->

It then lists what you did about the special values. Again, it does not
mention generic names for the library.